APPSC AEE Syllabus 2016 pdf is here for download. Find Andhra Pradesh PSC Asst Executive Engineer Syllabus, APPSC AEE Exam Pattern, previous papers, and selection process @ website.apspsc.gov.in
APPSC AEE Syllabus 2016
APPSC AEE Syllabus is available here for the candidates those who are in search of Latest APPSC Exam Syllabus 2016. Candidates can check APPSC Postal Circle Exam syllabus along with the exam pattern. On our website govjobsonline.com, we provide AP AEE(Civil/Mechanical/Agriculture) full Syllabus and Pattern of written exam. Along with the Syllabus and you may also have the previous papers from this page at free of cost. The Syllabus Topics are available below. To start the test preparation you need to download the syllabus in pdf format.
Andhra Pradesh PSC Syllabus – AP Asst Executive Engineer Jobs
Latest APPSC AEE recruitment notification has issued by the officials of AP government at its official website. Candidates those who have been seeking for the latest AP Government jobs have a good news here. There are nearly 748 AEE jobs in various departments like Civil, Mechanical, and Agriculture Engineering. A candidate who had completed their graduation from any recognized university or equivalent to it are eligible to this recruitment. Interested candidates need to submit the application form before the last date i.e 21-09-2016. Before going to submit the application form, you need to check the official recruitment notification in order to clarify all the doubts which you have about this recruitment like exam fee, selection process, exam centers etc.
AP AEE Civil Exam Patten
APPSC AEE exam pattern is also important along with the syllabus for starting the preparation. Therefore, we provide the exam pattern to the applied candidates who are going to attend the written test.
- It is an Objective Paper.
Paper IIICivil OR Mechanical OR Agriculture150150150 Min
|S.No||Paper||Name of the Subject||Marks||Questions||Total Duration|
|1.||Paper I||General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150||150 Min|
|2.||Paper II||Concerned Subject Civil & Mechanical (Common) OR Agriculture||150||150||150 Min|
AP AEE Syllabus 2016 pdf – Download APPSC AEE Exam Syllabus
Syllabus gives more information about the examination and their topics briefly. So, we give the syllabus subjects in detail. Check the syllabus topics and its subtopics for test preparation.
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
a) General Science and Technology
b) Role and impact of science and Technology on India’s development.
- INDIAN HISTORY AND CULTURE:
a) Modern Indian History from 19th century to the present
b) Nationalist Movement and Constitutional development
c) Indian culture and Heritage including architecture, Fine Arts, dance forms, music, paintings, Folk arts and performing arts.
d) History of Andhradesa Society, Culture, Geography and Economic development.
- INDIAN POLITY:
(a) Structure of National economy
(b) Economic development (including planning) since independence
(c) Economic Reforms
(d) Physical, economic and social Geography of India.
- CURRENT EVENTS:
Current Events of Regional, National and International importance.
- GENERAL MENTAL ABILITY: (Reasoning and analytical abilities)
CIVIL ENGINEERING – PAPER-1
PART – A:
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS:-
- Simple stresses and Strains:
- Types of stresses and strains
- Hook’s Law.
- Stress-strain curve for mild steel working stress and factor of safety
- Poison ratio – State of simple shear, complementary – Shear Elastic constants and their relations – Compound bars – Thermal stress.
- Compound stresses Mohr’s circle of stress – Principal stresses and planes.
- Shear force and bending moment diagrams: S.F.D. and B.M.D. for cantilevers, simply supported beams and over hanging beams subjected to point leads and uniformly distributed loads. Relations among load, shear force and bending moment.
- Bending and shear stress: Basic equation; M/I = F/Y = E/R – Distribution of bending and shear stresses across various cross sections such as rectangular, circular, I and T sections, Torsion of Circular shafts – power transmission.
- Columns and struts: Euler’s theory and Rankine’s Theory – Socant and Perry formulae for eccentrically loaded columns.
- Deflections and slopes: Slopes and deflections in cantilevers simply supported beams; propped beams and fixed beams subjected to point leads and uniformly distributed loads.
PART – B:
FLUID MACHANICS AND HYDRAULIC MACHINERY:
- statics: Hydrostatic force on a plane and curved area Centre of pressure and its applications to lockgates and dams Metacentric height.
- Dynamics: Convective and local acceleration, Euler’s equation of motion and its intergration, Bernoulli’s equation motion and its application, flow in curved path. Free and forced vortex.
- Flow measurements: Notches and weirs, venturimeters, pitot tube, nozzle meter, current meter.
- Compressible Flow: Velocity of pressure wave, wave velocity for adiabatic and isothermal compression, Basic equations of one-dimensional flow continuity, energy and momentum equations.
- Laminar and turbulant flow through pipes: Reynolds experiment significance of Reynold’s number, formulae for laminar flow through circular pipes, Turbulant flow-Darcy Weisbsch equation, friction factor and Mody’s diagram.
- Turbines: Classification, specific speed velocity triangles Principles of design of reaction and impules Turbines, characteristic curves.
- Pumps: Centrifugal pumps, velocity triangles, Work done and efficiency minimum starting speed, loss of head; specific speed and characteristic curves for centrifugal pumps.
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER – 2
1. BUILDING MATERIALS:
- Timber: Different types and species of structural timber, density – moisture relationship, strength in different directions, defects, preservations, plywood.
- Bricks: Types, Indian standard classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry, influence of mortar strength on masonry strength.
- Cement: Compounds of different types, setting times, strength.
- Cement mortar: Ingredients, proportions, water demand, mortars for plastering and masonry.
- Concrete: Importance of w/c ratio, strength, ingredients including admixtures, workability, testing for strength, mix design methods, non-destructive testing.
2. STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS:
- Analysis of determinate structures – different methods.
- Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames – Moment distribution, Slope deflection, Kani’s, Stiffness and force methods, Energy methods, Muller Breslan principle and application. Plastic analysis of indeterminate beams and simple portal frames – Shape factors.
3. DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES:
- Principles of working stress method.
- Design of connections,
- Simple members,
- Built-up sections and Frames,
- Design of industrial roofs.
- Principles of ultimate load design.
- Design of simple members.
4. DESIGN OF CONCRETE AND MASONRY STRUCTURES:
- Limit state design for bending,
- Axial compression and combined forces.
- Codal provision for slabs,
- Columns and footings.
- Working stress method of design of R.C. members.
- Principles of pre-stressed concrete design,
- Methods of pre-stressing,
- Design of simple members and determinate structures.
- Design of brick masonry as per IS codes.
5. CONSTRUCTION PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT:
- Bar chart, Linked bar chart, Work break down structures, Activity – on – arrow diagrams. Critical path, Probabilistic activity durations, Event based networks. PERT network: Time-cost study, Crashing, Resource allocation.
6. HYDROLOGY AND WATER RESOURCE ENGINEERING:
- Hydrological cycle.
- Precipitation and related data analysis.
- Unit hydrographs.
- Evaporation and transpiration.
- Floods and their management.
- Stream gauging, Routing of floods.
- Capacity of reservoirs.
- Multi purpose uses of water.
- Soil-plant .
- Water relationships.
- Irrigation systems.
- Water demand assessment.
- Storages and their yields.
- Ground water yield and well Hydraulics.
- Water logging and drainage design.
- Design of rigid boundary canals.
- Lacey’s and tractive force concepts in canal design.
- Lining of Canals.
- Sediment transport in canals.
- Non-overflow and overflow dams and their design.
- Energy dissipators.
- Design of head works.
- Distribution works.
- Cross-drainage works.
- River training.
Water Supplying Engineering:
- Sources of supply.
- Design of intakes and conductors.
- Estimation of demand.
- Water quality standards.
- Control of water borne diseases.
- Primary and secondary treatment.
- Conveyance and distribution systems of treated water.
- Leakages and control.
- Rural water supply.
- Institutional and industrial water supply.
Waste Water engineering:
- Urban rain water disposal.
- Systems of sewage collection and disposal.
- Design of sewers and sewerage systems.
- Characteristics of sewage and its treatment.
- Disposal of products of sewage treatment.
- Plumbing systems.
- Rural and semi-urban sanitation.
Solid Waste Management:
- Sources and effects of air pollution.
- Monitoring of air pollution.
- Noise pollution.
- Ecological chain and.balance.
- Environmental assessment.
8. SOIL MECHANICS AND FOUNDATION ENGINEERING
- Properties and classification of soil.
- Permeability and Seepage.
- Flow nets.
- Inverted filters.
- Compressibility and consolidation.
- Shearing resistance.
- Stresses and failure.
- Soil testing in laboratories and in-situ.
- Earth pressure theories.
- Stress distribution in soils.
- Soil exploration.
- Load tests.
- Penetration tests.
- Types of foundations.
- Selection criteria.
- Bearing capacity.
- Laboratory and field tests.
- Types of piles and their design and layout.
- Foundations on expansive soils.
- Swelling and its prevention.
- Foundation on swelling soils.
9. SURVEYING AND TRANSPORT ENGINEERING
- Classification of surveys.
- Measurement of distances.
- Direct and indirect methods.
- Optical and electronic devices.
- Measurement of directions.
- Prismatic compass.
- Local attraction.
- Measurement of elevations.
- Spirit and trigonometric leveling.
- Digital elevation modeling concept.
- Establishment of control by triangulations and traversing.
- Measurement and adjustment of observations.
- Computation of coordinates.
- Field astronomy.
- Concept of global positioning system.
- Map preparation by plane tabling and by photogrammetry.
- Remote sensing concepts.
- Map substitutes.
- Planning of Highway systems.
- Alignment and geometric design.
- Horizontal and vertical curves.
- Grade separation.
- Materials and construction methods for different surfaces and maintenance.
- Principles of pavement design, Drainage.
- Traffic surveys.
- Mass transit systems.
Andhra Pradesh PSC AEE Syllabus pdf 2016 – Brief info
Name of the organization: Andhra Pradesh PSC.
Name of the Post: AEE / Asst Executive Engineer.
No of vacancies: 748.
Official Site: website.apspsc.gov.in
Job Location: India.
Job Category: State Government Job.
Last date: 29-09-2016.
Download APPSC AEE Syllabus 2016 pdf – AP Latest Jobs